vrijdag 19 juli 2013

• The "Vierdaagse" (Dutch for "Four day Marches) part 1

The International Four Day Marches Nijmegen (or Vierdaagse) is the largest marching event in the world. It is organised every year in Nijmegen in mid-July as a means of promoting sport and exercise. Participants walk 30, 40 or 50 kilometers daily depending on their age and gender, and, on completion, receive a royally approved medal (Vierdaagsekruis). The participants are mostly civilians, but there are also a 5000 thousand military participants.

source: Wikipedia


2 days the walkers passed my home. Picture taken when it was still dark without flash


a few hours later




Wishing participating friends good luck

3 opmerkingen:

  1. I like the first picture, it looks very artsy.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. When I saw the first picture I thought it was of an explosion of some kind. I do like the sight of the walkers though. Walking is my favorite form of exercise!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. With a few others ok, but with 40000?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen